Monday, August 6, 2012

I Intend to Organize My Entire Life

I'm Sick. And. Tired. of being a disorganized mess.  I can never find the library books or the kids report cards or the Wheat Thins.

I never have any trouble finding the Diet Coke, though.

Why can't everything be as important to me as Diet Coke?  If the report cards were as important as Diet Coke, I would totally know exactly how many I have, when I need to start looking for more, and where they all are.  Of course, I'd probably also have them stashed in secret places around the house, and lie about how much I have.  Because I can stop anytime I want.

Ahem.

I am taking my inspiration from the ONE organized place in my entire home.  It's the over-the-john cabinet in my master bedroom, which is basically in the remotest corner of my house, if there is such a thing as a remote spot in my house.  So, no one ever gets to appreciate my ability to organize.

And by that, I mean, no one will ever compliment me on my ability to organize.  Because that's the important part.

Which brings us to the photo part of this post.  Here is photographic evidence of my ability to organize.

It's real, people.

Sorry I don't have before and after shots for you.  Next time, I promise.

I searched high and low and through all of Google for containers that would fit this space.  I had to get the one with the handle, but I think I can live with it.  The tags are made from cardstock, and vinyl letters cut out on a Cricut.  I tied them on with basic string.  I figure this way the tags are easily replaceable if needed.

My next goal is to organize the disaster area of a broom closet.  I'm going to need support for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment